Thought of sharing with you a DIY project.
Here’s a simple yet very refreshing Rose Facial Mist which keeps your skin refresh & hydrated. Just spray it on your face and voila..you will feel refreshed !! All you gotta do is make it, store and spray it … So lets’ get started :
- Rose petals : Fresh rose petals are an important ingredient in many skin products. Balances, purifies and tones the skin, gives a cooling sensation to the skin. It also helps to maintain moisture balance of facial skin and it smells heavenly.
- Glycerin: prevents dryness of skin.
- Mint Leaves: Helps to deal with skin irritation and acts as a coolant.
- Eucalyptus oil : has anti-bacterial properties.
- Spray Bottle / Spritzer– to store the facial mist
Before getting started, kindly note the ratio of the ingredients . You can increase/ decrease the ingredients in the similar ratio :
1 cup water + 2 Roses + 5-6 mint leaves + half teaspoon glycerin + 1 drop of eucalyptus oil
- Boil water and pour it in a container.
- Add Rose petals and Mint leaves to this hot water and cover it with lid and let it sit for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, strain out the water to remove the rose petals and mint leaves. You would get a concoction of slightly pinkish shade . This would be the base of our facial mist.
4. Let the concoction cool down completely to room temperature and then add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and stir the mixture. *You can add other essential oils as per your choice. Like Rosewood, Lavender oil.
5. Transfer the mix into a spray bottle and your Facial mist is ready. Don’t forget to store this in Refrigerator before use 🙂
Hold the bottle a little away from your face and just spray it on your face and wipe off with a cotton ball and instantly you will feel refreshed . You can even leave it on for some time and let it soak in or dry on its own.
Brownie points for Rose facial Mist:
- You can use this facial spray a couple of times during the day when your face needs moisture.
- You will instantly feel refreshed, energized and cool.
- The essential oils give a soothing aroma which lingers on for quite some time.
- The best part is that is very easy to make and store.
- The ingredients used are readily available and do not harm your skin in any way as they are all natural.
- You can also use it for spraying on cotton pads and using as eye patches to relax your eyes. This will be good for your dark circles as well.
- ummm…. well… didnt come across any negatives as yet 🙂
Since it is so easy to make, you can make it once a week and store for the entire week. Trust me, once you spray it on, you will realize how simple ingredients can give your skin that much needed boost of hydration . So, go ahead ladies, spray on and rejuvenate your senses !
Don’t forget to comment if you tried this DIY and how useful was it for you …would love to hear from you Girlies 🙂