Thought of sharing with you a DIY project.
Here’s a simple yet very refreshing Rose Facial Mist which keeps your skin refresh & hydrated. Just spray it on your face and voila..you will feel refreshed !! All you gotta do is make it, store and spray it … So lets’ get started :
- Rose petals : Fresh rose petals are an important ingredient in many skin products. Balances, purifies and tones the skin, gives a cooling sensation to the skin. It also helps to maintain moisture balance of facial skin and it smells heavenly.
- Glycerin: prevents dryness of skin.
- Mint Leaves: Helps to deal with skin irritation and acts as a coolant.
- Eucalyptus oil : has anti-bacterial properties.
- Spray Bottle / Spritzer– to store the facial mist
Before getting started, kindly note the ratio of the ingredients . You can increase/ decrease the ingredients in the similar ratio :
1 cup water + 2 Roses + 5-6 mint leaves + half teaspoon glycerin + 1 drop of eucalyptus oil
- Boil water and pour it in a container.
- Add Rose petals and Mint leaves to this hot water and cover it with lid and let it sit for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, strain out the water to remove the rose petals and mint leaves. You would get a concoction of slightly pinkish shade . This would be the base of our facial mist.
4. Let the concoction cool down completely to room temperature and then add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and stir the mixture. *You can add other essential oils as per your choice. Like Rosewood, Lavender oil.
5. Transfer the mix into a spray bottle and your Facial mist is ready. Don’t forget to store this in Refrigerator before use 🙂
Hold the bottle a little away from your face and just spray it on your face and wipe off with a cotton ball and instantly you will feel refreshed . You can even leave it on for some time and let it soak in or dry on its own.
Brownie points for Rose facial Mist:
- You can use this facial spray a couple of times during the day when your face needs moisture.
- You will instantly feel refreshed, energized and cool.
- The essential oils give a soothing aroma which lingers on for quite some time.
- The best part is that is very easy to make and store.
- The ingredients used are readily available and do not harm your skin in any way as they are all natural.
- You can also use it for spraying on cotton pads and using as eye patches to relax your eyes. This will be good for your dark circles as well.
- ummm…. well… didnt come across any negatives as yet 🙂
Since it is so easy to make, you can make it once a week and store for the entire week. Trust me, once you spray it on, you will realize how simple ingredients can give your skin that much needed boost of hydration . So, go ahead ladies, spray on and rejuvenate your senses !
Don’t forget to comment if you tried this DIY and how useful was it for you …would love to hear from you Girlies 🙂
Being a coffee lover, I decided to try using coffee for skincare… So I came up with this scrub which gives a moisturising effect and acts as a scrub as well….
You would need :- simple ingredients easily available at home…
Some coarsely ground coffee, honey, sugar granules, few drops of lemon juice….
Mix all these ingredients to get a texture as shown in the below image… Apply this mix immediately
On skin while the sugar is still in granular form so that you get a scrubbing effect. Leave on this scrub for 15 mins on your skin, then wash off with warm water…..voila… You have soft, supple skin ready 🙂
Plz note: try using some of the mix on your hand first to check compatibility with your skin.
Hope you find this post useful….. Do lemme know if this scrub works wonders on your skin….
Stay gorgeous !!!
Hope you are doing great !!
Had a late night yesterday which has given me puffy eyes 😦 But the positive person in me saw this as an opportunity to try some of tested remedies on puffy eyes…and Voila .. they worked decently…
Sharing with you some home remedies to treat puffy eyes so that you can enjoy late nights and still look fresh the next morning…
1) Green Tea/Black Tea :
Both green tea and black tea are great to normalize puffy eyes. The caffeine in the tea helps constrict blood vessels and reduces swelling under eyes. Seep 2 bags of your choice in hot water for couple of minutes and keep it out. Let it cool till it is applicable to the skin and apply it over eyes.( Make sure that the tea bags are cool enough for your sensitive eye skin) It also reduces inflammation and redness .
Put sliced cool cucumber on your eyes .Cucumber soothes skin and if it is dragged out from the refrigerator, the coolness is just way perfect. It relieves the skin puffiness, leaving it rejuvenated and refreshed. The astringent property of cucumber helps blood vessels to constrict.
Just cool cucumber, you can even use sliced cool potato to reduce puffiness around your eyes.
4) Cold Water splash:
For girls who don’t have the patience/ time to sit and relax with tea bags/ cucumber slices, here another quick fix remedy for puffed eyes: Just splash your face with cold water . It can heal the baggy eyes to some extent. This may be a rude awakening, but the coldness of water will help in constricting blood vessels and also helps in diminishing swelling. Please remember that it wont repair the complete damage but would serve as a temporary solution.
5) Warm salty cotton pads :
Mix Salt in a glass of warm water and with the help of cotton pads put it over the eyelids. Let it remain for some minutes and you can witness the amazing results right in front of your eyes.
6) Cold spoon :
A weird but worth trying remedy : spoons can help you to combat bags under eyes. All you need to do is – Put two curved teaspoons in the fridge and let it cool for awhile. After some time, take out one and put it on the swelled eyes. After the spoon regains normal temperature, replace it with the other spoon and apply the same way. The coolness from the spoons leaves the eyes to get pampered and calm.
Hope you find this post useful.. Suggestions , feedback & comments are welcome 🙂 Do lemme know if these remedies worked out for u girls as well .
It’s my first ever post on my blog and after loads of thinking and brainstorming, I have decided to write about Home Made face packs for winter care as I thought that it would be a very simple post yet very relevant to the current season.
I have tried all the packs mentioned below on my own and believe me… they all worked well for me 🙂
But I would suggest you to do a patch test on the back of your wrist to check the suitability for your skin and then try it on your face.
- Banana & butter mask
You need :
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Equal quantity of Butter / Skimmed milk cream
Take the banana and mash it into smooth paste. Now add the same amount of butter to the meshed banana. Instead of butter you can add the skimmed milk cream to the mash banana. Mix the both ingredients well. Now apply this paste all over the face. The butter or skimmed milk cream is the natural moisturizer for the skin and prevents dry skin. Banana acts as the pack to retain the moisture in the skin.
2. Honey & Rose Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Rose Water
Take honey and rose water and mix them well. Now apply this pack on the face. Wash your face with cold water after 10 minutes. Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for skin and rose water tones the skin.
3. Carrot & Honey
- 2 Tbsp finely grated carrot
- 1 Tbsp Honey
Take the finely grated carrot and honey and mix them both well. Now apply this mask on your face. Rinse it off after 10 minutes. This mask lightens dark skin and helps to treat dry skin.
4. Curd & Honey
Mix curd and honey well. Now apply this mask on your face and neck. Let it dry for 15 mins. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This pack helps to moisturize your face.
Do leave in your comments on how useful are these face packs. 🙂