Shiny, lustrous , long hair are on every girl’s mind. With some effective household remedies, you can easily get beautiful and shinny hair without spending lot in cosmetics and other expensive hair care products available in the market.
Curry leaves (sweet neem leaves) are used to make a lot Indian dishes to add spice . But very few of us know the health & beauty benefits of Curry Leaves . The curry leaves that grows around your home or kitchen garden can do wonder to your dull and unattractive hair.
Some of the advantages of Curry Leaves:
- It reduces hairfall
- It repairs damaged hair roots
- It helps to treat premature hair graying
- It helps in hair growth
- It helps reduce dandruff
How to use Curry Leaves for Hair Growth:
- Make a Hair Mask: Take some curry leaves and make a paste of them. Now mix this curry leaves’ paste with yoghurt and massage it on your hair. Keep this mixture on your scalp for 20-25 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this mask every week religiously to see instant results in terms of hair growth. Besides increasing hair growth, this hair mask will also make your hair shiny, smooth and bouncy.
- Make a Hair tonic: Take fresh curry leaves and some coconut oil in a bowl. As you know, coconut oil is good for the hair. When mixed with curry leaves, it increases hair growth. Boil these two together until you see black residue forming. After the residue is formed, apply it onto your scalp directly after cooling it. Keep this mixture for one hour and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this tonic twice a week and you will see the difference in just fifteen days. This hair tonic not only stimulates hair growth but also prevents the graying of hair. This is the best way to use curry leaves oil for hair growth.
So do try these Curry leaves tonic and pack for getting a shiny, lustrous mane.
Suggestions and experiences are welcome in the comments section.
Stay gorgeous !
Hope you are doing good !! I have been having a busy schedule these days so not able to post regularly on the blog 😦
I came across a cool winter hairstyle : Sleek Vixen Hair … it’s perfect for a formal outing or you can even wear it to work.
It’s a quick pictorial tutorial that I am sharing with you…
Hope you find this useful…. Do try it on & leave your comments !!
Thought of sharing with you a DIY project.
Here’s a simple yet very refreshing Rose Facial Mist which keeps your skin refresh & hydrated. Just spray it on your face and voila..you will feel refreshed !! All you gotta do is make it, store and spray it … So lets’ get started :
- Rose petals : Fresh rose petals are an important ingredient in many skin products. Balances, purifies and tones the skin, gives a cooling sensation to the skin. It also helps to maintain moisture balance of facial skin and it smells heavenly.
- Glycerin: prevents dryness of skin.
- Mint Leaves: Helps to deal with skin irritation and acts as a coolant.
- Eucalyptus oil : has anti-bacterial properties.
- Spray Bottle / Spritzer– to store the facial mist
Before getting started, kindly note the ratio of the ingredients . You can increase/ decrease the ingredients in the similar ratio :
1 cup water + 2 Roses + 5-6 mint leaves + half teaspoon glycerin + 1 drop of eucalyptus oil
- Boil water and pour it in a container.
- Add Rose petals and Mint leaves to this hot water and cover it with lid and let it sit for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, strain out the water to remove the rose petals and mint leaves. You would get a concoction of slightly pinkish shade . This would be the base of our facial mist.
4. Let the concoction cool down completely to room temperature and then add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and stir the mixture. *You can add other essential oils as per your choice. Like Rosewood, Lavender oil.
5. Transfer the mix into a spray bottle and your Facial mist is ready. Don’t forget to store this in Refrigerator before use 🙂
Hold the bottle a little away from your face and just spray it on your face and wipe off with a cotton ball and instantly you will feel refreshed . You can even leave it on for some time and let it soak in or dry on its own.
Brownie points for Rose facial Mist:
- You can use this facial spray a couple of times during the day when your face needs moisture.
- You will instantly feel refreshed, energized and cool.
- The essential oils give a soothing aroma which lingers on for quite some time.
- The best part is that is very easy to make and store.
- The ingredients used are readily available and do not harm your skin in any way as they are all natural.
- You can also use it for spraying on cotton pads and using as eye patches to relax your eyes. This will be good for your dark circles as well.
- ummm…. well… didnt come across any negatives as yet 🙂
Since it is so easy to make, you can make it once a week and store for the entire week. Trust me, once you spray it on, you will realize how simple ingredients can give your skin that much needed boost of hydration . So, go ahead ladies, spray on and rejuvenate your senses !
Don’t forget to comment if you tried this DIY and how useful was it for you …would love to hear from you Girlies 🙂
Being a coffee lover, I decided to try using coffee for skincare… So I came up with this scrub which gives a moisturising effect and acts as a scrub as well….
You would need :- simple ingredients easily available at home…
Some coarsely ground coffee, honey, sugar granules, few drops of lemon juice….
Mix all these ingredients to get a texture as shown in the below image… Apply this mix immediately
On skin while the sugar is still in granular form so that you get a scrubbing effect. Leave on this scrub for 15 mins on your skin, then wash off with warm water…..voila… You have soft, supple skin ready 🙂
Plz note: try using some of the mix on your hand first to check compatibility with your skin.
Hope you find this post useful….. Do lemme know if this scrub works wonders on your skin….
Stay gorgeous !!!
Hello Lovely girls,
Wanna get that perfect sculpted face ? well, then read on … I’ll try to make this as simple as possible with help of pictures so that you get a hang of it.
To start of face contouring, you would require:
- A Highlighting product : They contain luminescent particles to give the skin a beautiful sheen. Because they refract light, it draws attention into the face so they are applied on areas of the face that we want to emphasize. They come in many undertones such as gold, pink, peach and neutral. They come in different forms too (such as powder, cream or gel) but my favourite is a cream product.
- Contouring Product: Make sure the contouring product is matte (non shimmer) and that it’s a few shades darker than your skin tone. This product works by shading areas to create shadow to de-emphasize certain areas of the face.
- Good Quality face brushes: Make sure you use high quality brushes which would spread out the product evenly.
- Fingers: Using fingers is the best way to spread out a cream based product.
- PATIENCE: The most important ingredient !! If you are a beginner in Face contouring, you would require loads of patience to master this art . 😀
Now lets get started with Contouring:
- Apply the contour on – corners of your hairline, middle of your cheek (starting from your ear moving near the lips in a downward direction), just below your lips (center spot), jaw line, outer side of your Nose bridge, temples of your face.
- Apply Highlighter on– T zone (horizontal area just above your eyebrows, area between eyebrows, nose bridge, cheekbones, chin, area surrounding your nose.
- Blend: Blend, blend and blend the product well . You need to be very light in your touch. Try to look as natural as possible. Avoid obvious colour indifferences and streaks. Work lightly and build up gradually to avoid the face looking muddy. Blending is very important. Take your time.
Take a look at this picture to get a better understanding of the areas which are to be contoured and highlighted. Brown areas represent Contouring & white ones are Highlighters:
Contouring can be tricky to master, especially for daytime looks. I would recommend trying out contouring for evening events (where mess ups are easier to hide) until you get the hang of it!
Hope you enjoy this post !! Do lemme know your contouring experiences through comments.
Stay gorgeous always 🙂
It’s my first ever post on my blog and after loads of thinking and brainstorming, I have decided to write about Home Made face packs for winter care as I thought that it would be a very simple post yet very relevant to the current season.
I have tried all the packs mentioned below on my own and believe me… they all worked well for me 🙂
But I would suggest you to do a patch test on the back of your wrist to check the suitability for your skin and then try it on your face.
- Banana & butter mask
You need :
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Equal quantity of Butter / Skimmed milk cream
Take the banana and mash it into smooth paste. Now add the same amount of butter to the meshed banana. Instead of butter you can add the skimmed milk cream to the mash banana. Mix the both ingredients well. Now apply this paste all over the face. The butter or skimmed milk cream is the natural moisturizer for the skin and prevents dry skin. Banana acts as the pack to retain the moisture in the skin.
2. Honey & Rose Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Rose Water
Take honey and rose water and mix them well. Now apply this pack on the face. Wash your face with cold water after 10 minutes. Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for skin and rose water tones the skin.
3. Carrot & Honey
- 2 Tbsp finely grated carrot
- 1 Tbsp Honey
Take the finely grated carrot and honey and mix them both well. Now apply this mask on your face. Rinse it off after 10 minutes. This mask lightens dark skin and helps to treat dry skin.
4. Curd & Honey
Mix curd and honey well. Now apply this mask on your face and neck. Let it dry for 15 mins. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This pack helps to moisturize your face.
Do leave in your comments on how useful are these face packs. 🙂