Shiny, lustrous , long hair are on every girl’s mind. With some effective household remedies, you can easily get beautiful and shinny hair without spending lot in cosmetics and other expensive hair care products available in the market.
Curry leaves (sweet neem leaves) are used to make a lot Indian dishes to add spice . But very few of us know the health & beauty benefits of Curry Leaves . The curry leaves that grows around your home or kitchen garden can do wonder to your dull and unattractive hair.
Some of the advantages of Curry Leaves:
- It reduces hairfall
- It repairs damaged hair roots
- It helps to treat premature hair graying
- It helps in hair growth
- It helps reduce dandruff
How to use Curry Leaves for Hair Growth:
- Make a Hair Mask: Take some curry leaves and make a paste of them. Now mix this curry leaves’ paste with yoghurt and massage it on your hair. Keep this mixture on your scalp for 20-25 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this mask every week religiously to see instant results in terms of hair growth. Besides increasing hair growth, this hair mask will also make your hair shiny, smooth and bouncy.
- Make a Hair tonic: Take fresh curry leaves and some coconut oil in a bowl. As you know, coconut oil is good for the hair. When mixed with curry leaves, it increases hair growth. Boil these two together until you see black residue forming. After the residue is formed, apply it onto your scalp directly after cooling it. Keep this mixture for one hour and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this tonic twice a week and you will see the difference in just fifteen days. This hair tonic not only stimulates hair growth but also prevents the graying of hair. This is the best way to use curry leaves oil for hair growth.
So do try these Curry leaves tonic and pack for getting a shiny, lustrous mane.
Suggestions and experiences are welcome in the comments section.
Stay gorgeous !
Thought of sharing with you a DIY project.
Here’s a simple yet very refreshing Rose Facial Mist which keeps your skin refresh & hydrated. Just spray it on your face and voila..you will feel refreshed !! All you gotta do is make it, store and spray it … So lets’ get started :
- Rose petals : Fresh rose petals are an important ingredient in many skin products. Balances, purifies and tones the skin, gives a cooling sensation to the skin. It also helps to maintain moisture balance of facial skin and it smells heavenly.
- Glycerin: prevents dryness of skin.
- Mint Leaves: Helps to deal with skin irritation and acts as a coolant.
- Eucalyptus oil : has anti-bacterial properties.
- Spray Bottle / Spritzer– to store the facial mist
Before getting started, kindly note the ratio of the ingredients . You can increase/ decrease the ingredients in the similar ratio :
1 cup water + 2 Roses + 5-6 mint leaves + half teaspoon glycerin + 1 drop of eucalyptus oil
- Boil water and pour it in a container.
- Add Rose petals and Mint leaves to this hot water and cover it with lid and let it sit for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, strain out the water to remove the rose petals and mint leaves. You would get a concoction of slightly pinkish shade . This would be the base of our facial mist.
4. Let the concoction cool down completely to room temperature and then add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and stir the mixture. *You can add other essential oils as per your choice. Like Rosewood, Lavender oil.
5. Transfer the mix into a spray bottle and your Facial mist is ready. Don’t forget to store this in Refrigerator before use 🙂
Hold the bottle a little away from your face and just spray it on your face and wipe off with a cotton ball and instantly you will feel refreshed . You can even leave it on for some time and let it soak in or dry on its own.
Brownie points for Rose facial Mist:
- You can use this facial spray a couple of times during the day when your face needs moisture.
- You will instantly feel refreshed, energized and cool.
- The essential oils give a soothing aroma which lingers on for quite some time.
- The best part is that is very easy to make and store.
- The ingredients used are readily available and do not harm your skin in any way as they are all natural.
- You can also use it for spraying on cotton pads and using as eye patches to relax your eyes. This will be good for your dark circles as well.
- ummm…. well… didnt come across any negatives as yet 🙂
Since it is so easy to make, you can make it once a week and store for the entire week. Trust me, once you spray it on, you will realize how simple ingredients can give your skin that much needed boost of hydration . So, go ahead ladies, spray on and rejuvenate your senses !
Don’t forget to comment if you tried this DIY and how useful was it for you …would love to hear from you Girlies 🙂
Being a coffee lover, I decided to try using coffee for skincare… So I came up with this scrub which gives a moisturising effect and acts as a scrub as well….
You would need :- simple ingredients easily available at home…
Some coarsely ground coffee, honey, sugar granules, few drops of lemon juice….
Mix all these ingredients to get a texture as shown in the below image… Apply this mix immediately
On skin while the sugar is still in granular form so that you get a scrubbing effect. Leave on this scrub for 15 mins on your skin, then wash off with warm water…..voila… You have soft, supple skin ready 🙂
Plz note: try using some of the mix on your hand first to check compatibility with your skin.
Hope you find this post useful….. Do lemme know if this scrub works wonders on your skin….
Stay gorgeous !!!